Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Spends Day Boating On Lake


Daniel Jones, 34, of Newnan packed up a cooler with beers and sodas at a QuikTrip on Friendship Road before planning to spend all day on Lake Lanier. Jones said he would not be partaking of the alcoholic beverages, however.
"I am proudly the designated boater today," he said. "It's my boat and my responsibility. I'm also responsible for all of the people on it."
Jones, who said he has been boating all his life, and his wife Kristie, 31, were saddened by the deaths of the young brothers.
"It didn't have to happen," said Kristie Jones. "If people would just watch out for one another out there, things like this could be prevented. Especially the jet skiers that drive too close to other boats."
Her husband said that as a child he was almost struck by a boat and that perhaps that is why he is so vigilant.
"I am totally aware of my surroundings at all times," said Daniel Jones. "I have a lot of fun, but I take it very seriously."

No comments:

Post a Comment